Call us: 01745 798 987


Motor Trade

At George Williams Insurance Services, we specialise in providing motor trade insurance policies to clients located all over the UK. Regardless of whether you are a full time or a part time trader, we have access to a range of cover options to suit your needs. Due to the fact that we have access to these cover types, our policies can cover a wide range of areas, from vehicle dismantlers to prestige vehicles.

We tailor our insurance packages to suit you. They can include material damage for buildings, business interruptions, public and employers liability, engineering inspections, road risks, and more.

What do you need to consider when taking out Motor Trade Insurance?

Your additional occupations

If you are a part-time motor trader, chances are that you work in another job as your main business. So, your insurance may not cover you if you need to use a vehicle in connection with your main business. An example of this may be: you are a gardener and you need your vehicle to visit various properties. If this is the case, please speak to a member of our team to see what solutions we can offer you.

Vehicle Exclusions and Value

Each motor trade insurance policy will have exclusions for certain vehicles. That is why it is extremely important for you to check that your policy covers the vehicles you are dealing in. The trade value of the vehicle usually determines how much the claim payments are. Therefore, if you have paid retail price for the vehicle, the payment may not cover all of the costs.

Trading Premises

If a vehicle is kept at the business premises, Motor Trade insurance policies don’t usually cover a vehicle that has been lost or damaged. If you do want to add this extra level of protection, we can add additional premises cover to the policy.