At George Williams Insurance we have found out some interesting facts about insurance. They are some quite unusual ones from how much celebrities are insuring themselves to what some people do when they don’t have any health insurance in the USA.
- After a number of failed fire insurance schemes, the first successful one was The Insurance Office for Houses founded by Nicholas Barbon in 1681.
- In the USA, Starbucks spends more on health insurance for their employees than it spends on coffee beans.
- Alien abduction insurance has been available in the USA since 1987.
- In 2006, David Beckham was reported to insured his legs, feet and toes for £100 million.
- About 320,000 people work in insurance in the UK, handling about £1.8 trillion worth of investments.
- The only case of poisoning from Halloween candy was a father killing his son for an insurance claim.
- People in the U.S. who don’t have any health insurance, will sometimes buy antibiotics for fish as they are the same grade and dosage as human antibiotics but do not require a prescription.
- No insurance company will underwrite Jackie Chan’s productions. Therefore he personally trains his own stuntmen and pays their medical bills out of his own pocket.
- In 2015, the UK had the 3rd largest insurance and long term savings industry in the world and the largest in the EU
- Pepsi ran a sweepstake to win £1 billion in 2003, and paid £10 million for insurance against someone actually winning the grand prize.
If you know any other interesting facts, please let us know through our Facebook or Twitter. We are looking for the most unusual facts. On the other hand, if you are looking for insurance, business or personal please don’t hesitate to get in contact with us. Call us on 01745 798 987 or fill in our simple online quote form.« Back to all news